The Rover R40 75 is the successor to the Rover 800 Series in Australia, introduced after the absence of a Rover saloon car in the Australian Market of approximately ten years. The first Australian Market examples became available in March 2001. The related MG ZT followed during 2002.
• Above: 2001 Rover R40 75 Connoisseur photographed in the Northern Beaches region of Sydney, New South Wales, June, 2016.
Photo courtesy N.M.
• Above and below: 2001 Rover R40 75 Club, Southern Highlands, New South Wales, 27 August, 2016. Photos by Webmaster.
A face-lifted version, along with a diesel variant, was introduced during 2004. Sales ceased during 2005 following the collapse of the parent MG Rover company in the United Kingdom.
• Above: 2005 Rover R40 75 Connoisseur pictured during the National Rove, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 29 September 2006.
Photo by Webmaster.
• Above: circa 2003 MG ZT 190+ at Wagga Wagga, New South Wales, 2016. Photo courtesy M.H.
The Rover R40 75 V8 was not commercially marketed and sold in Australia, however at the time of writing (November 2019) two examples are known to have been privately imported.
• Above: 2004 Rover R40 75 V8 Connoisseur, Perth, Western Australia,
December 2015. Photo supplied.